Cycles UK is honoured to announce we are stocking the BMC Brand bicycles for 2022, but who are BMC Bikes?
BMC (Bicycle Manufacturing Company) began in 1986 – distributing Raleigh bikes. By 1994 they were making their own. The earliest days of BMC saw fast and monumental innovation across the bicycle industry. The late ’80s and early 90’s defined the ambitions of cycling, and BMC was perfectly positioned to make the fastest of those ambitions real. In 2000 Andy Rihs, chairman of the Phonak Group, took over BMC, and the brand invested more in engineering and design; this saw BMC move from a quality niche bike company to a world premium bike brand.
- “From the earliest days, BMC has always focused on creating speed. We’ve spent decades building our sport, refining ideas, and pushing technologies to their limits. Fast, unrelenting, and iconic.”
BMC continued innovating and focussing on speed, opening BMC Impec Lab in 2010. The research facility allows the BMC engineering team to innovate & refine new ideas at an unmatched pace. This has led to the refinement, advancements, and innovations in developing faster bikes in the decades since. This singular focus on speed has led them to become the renowned brand they are today.
In particular, the Teammachine road bike has seen major innovative performance upgrades since its release in 2002. Proving BMC can apply gains to all forms of cycling, they have also achieved advancement on the Fourstroke MTB and URS gravel bike.
BMC’s career is littered with design achievements, but notably, the proof is in the pudding, winning races.
- 2004 – BMC enters the Tour de France spotlight.
- 2005 – BMC celebrates a Tour de France stage win.
- 2011 – Cadel Evans wins the Tour de France on a BMC, riding for the BMC Racing Team.
- 2012 – Philippe Gilbert wins the UCI Men’s Elite Road Race World Championship on a BMC.
- 2013 – The new Teammachine SLR01 sets a new performance standard.
- 2014 – Julien Absalon becomes World XCO MTB Champion, European MTB Champion, UCI MTB World Cup Winner and French MTB National Champion, all on a BMC.
- 2015 – The BMC Racing Team wins 3 stages of the Tour de France and the UCI Team Time Trial World Championships for a second year running.
- 2016 – Greg van Avermaet wins the Rio Olympic Road Race on a Teammachine SLR01.
- 2017 – Greg van Avermaet wins Paris Roubaix
- 2020 – Jordan Sarrou wins the UCI MTB XC World Championships on the Fourstroke 01.
- 2021 – BMC welcomes a new World Tour road team, AG2R Citroen, and women’s cycling icon, Pauline Ferrand Prevot. The team wins a stage in every grand tour, and the Fourstroke wins gold in Tokyo.
Teammachine Road Bike
Roadmachine Road Bike
URS Gravel Bike
BMC also makes a comprehensive range of Mountain bikes, kids bikes and hybrids bikes.
Cycles UK is one of the leading BMC dealers in Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire and London. We stock a wide range of BMC road, gravel, electric mountain and kids bikes online and in our stores.