Introduce the rider you are today to the one you’ll be tomorrow. The Garmin Edge 840 Solar touchscreen helps you manage your efforts by personal providing power targets throughout a course plus stamina insights, so you know how much gas is left in the tank. Ride longer with solar charging, and get superior accuracy under dense tree cover or the urban canyon, thanks to multi-band GNSS technology. It features button controls that work in any environment matched with a responsive touchscreen so you can tap, pan and swipe on the fly. Whether you’re riding roads, trails, gravel or indoor, you can benefit from insights and workouts that will help you understand your strengths and weaknesses and prepare for upcoming races or personal milestones.
· Advanced GPS cycling computer with touchscreen and button control combines superior navigation, planning and performance tracking, cycling awareness and smart connectivity
· Battery life: in demanding use cases, get up to 26 hours or up to 32 hours with solar charging in direct sunlight (75,000 lux); in battery saver mode, get up to 42 hours or up to 60 hours with solar charging in direct sunlight (75,000 lux); during daytime rides, solar adds up to 25 minutes per hour in battery saver mode
· View daily suggested workouts and training prompts on screen; based on your event, get personalised coaching that adapts to your current training load and recovery when riding with a compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
· Find your way in the most challenging environments with multi-band GNSS technology that provides enhanced positioning accuracy
· See remaining ascent and grade when climbing so you can gauge your effort with the ClimbPro ascent planner, now available on every ride — no course required; view on your Edge device and in the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone for ride planning
· Classify your strengths as a cyclist, and compare your cycling ability to the demands of a specific course, so you can focus your training and improvement in the right areas, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
· Manage your efforts with the power guide feature, which recommends power targets throughout a course, when paired with your compatible power meter
· Get stamina insights while you ride, so you can keep an eye on how much longer you can really push it, when paired with your compatible power meter and heart rate monitor
· Stay on top of your training programme with prompts to avoid missing workouts
· Ride like a local, whatever your bike type, with improved ride type-specific maps that highlight popular roads and trails plus searchable points of interest
· Simplified setup and a streamlined interface make it quick and easy to access the information, courses and tools you need and even adjust data fields right from the Edge device or from your paired smartphone
· Through the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone, pair with your favourite apps and platforms, including Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks and many more
Garmin make a very popular range of GPS powered cycle computers. They can be used to track rides, get directions or follow training plans. They range in price from around £150 to over £500. In this guide we are going to run you through the key features of each model so you can work our which Garmin cycle computer works best for you.
Before we go onto the computers themselves it’s worth just quickly mentioning Garmin’s wider product range. Garmin make a range of smart watches, heart rate monitors and power meters which can all be connected to a Garmin computer. They also own the Tacx range of turbo trainers. You can sync training data from all of these devices through the Garmin Connect system and then share it with Strava and other platforms automatically. You can also use this system to plot rides onto maps, or download rides other people have been made, and load them onto your cycle computer to get turn by turn directions. It’s this connected ecosystem which helps to make Garmin computers so popular.
We understand that price is important, so we regularly price-check our competitors to make sure we have the best offers available. We recognise that we will not always be the cheapest, so if you see the same product cheaper from any of our competitors then please get in touch via the form below and we will do our best to match any reasonable advertised price.
|SKUs / Part Numbers||010-02695-21|
Please note: Manufacturers can sometimes change the specification of the products from time to time.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft and accidental damage, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!
with a £ 0.00 deposit.
The total charge for credit is £ 0.00.
Please note the above quotation is an indicative cost and actual monthly payments may vary by +/- 2p per month.
Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms & Conditions Apply. Cycles UK Ltd is a credit broker and is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is provided by Novuna Personal Finance, a trading style of Mitsubishi HC Capital UK PLC, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register no. 704348. The register can be accessed through http://www.fca.org.uk.
24 Month Representative Example:
Purchase Price (incl. VAT) £750
Loan Amount £675
Interest/Total Charge for Credit £109.32
Total Amount Repayable £859.32
Balance Payable £784.32
By 24 Monthly Repayments of £32.68
15.9% APR Representative
Bank rate of interest 8.1% PA fixed
Please note the above quotation is an indicative cost and actual monthly payments may vary.
For Buy Now Pay Later and Deferred Interest Bearing Credit: Interest is charged from day 1 of your agreement, but not charged on any repayments made during the deferral period. On expiry of the deferral period, interest accrued during the deferral period will be applied to your repayments.
Consumer credit services are only available to over 18s and subject to status.
This is for estimation purposes only. Actual Finance Application is Completed During Checkout.