The Fenwick’s Drivetrain Cleaning Kit is an easy way to clean your bike’s chain, cassette and chainrings. It can be used on mountain bikes, road bikes and hybrids. The Drivetrain cleaning kit comes with Fenwick’s Foaming Chain Cleaner (500ml), Chain Cleaning Sponge and Gear Cleaning Brush
Fenwick’s biodegradable Foaming Chain Cleaner is a real innovation in bike maintenance. With its simple mess-free application, Foaming Chain Cleaner clings to components, with very little waste as only 5-10ml of product is needed per clean. Foaming Chain Cleaner does not use solvents or acids (citrus) to be effective, so it’s safer to use and better for the environment.
The Chain Cleaning Sponge scrubs all four sides of the chain simultaneously and very thoroughly, without harming the chain in any way, and can be cleaned out with Foaming Chain Cleaner or Concentrated Bike Cleaner after use.
The long handled Gear Cleaning Brush makes it easy to clean all sizes of cassette, derailleurs and chain sets. The dual stiffness bristles make it easier to get into all the nooks and crannies for quicker cleaning.
Directions for use
1. Shake the foaming chain cleaning can well before use.
2. Align the chain to the centre cog so it can be easily rotated backwards without derailing.
3. Rotate pedals backwards and apply foam direct to the chain by gently pressing the nozzle.
4. Stop when the foam covers the entire length of the chain.
5. Apply a small amount to fingers, rotate pedals backwards and apply to rear cassette.
6. Allow foam to soak in for a few minutes.
7. Once the foam has turned to liquid take the chain cleaning sponge and slot on to chain.
8. Hold on to sponge and once again rotate the chain backwards for up to 20 seconds.
9. Take the Gear Cleaning Brush and thoroughly brush the cassette, jockey wheels and chain-rings.
10. Thoroughly rinse gears, chain and chain-set with water.
11. Dry off using a cloth or allow to dry before applying lube.
Handy hint: After use spray some Foaming Chain Cleaner into Chain Cleaning Sponge and Gear Brush rub it in and then rinse out to keep them clean.
Fenwick’s are a UK based company founded and run by outdoor enthusiasts with a strong cycling background they actively support a broad range of British mountain bike and road cycling teams and events.
Their UK Made bike cleaning and maintenance products have a strong emphasis on being environmentally friendly. They have led the way for over 20 years with biodegradable concentrates and are now redefining performance-oriented biodegradable chain lubes
|SKUs / Part Numbers
Please note: Manufacturers can sometimes change the specification of the products from time to time.
Trust our 14 years of experience in the bicycle insurance industry. Our comprehensive, customisable, and competitively priced coverage includes easy online quotes, fast claims handling, and expert customer service.
We offer 10 days free cover with all new bikes purchased, provided by our insurance partner VeloLife. You will be covered for the first 10 days of ownership against theft and accidental damage, so you can purchase with confidence.
Give yourself the comfort of no obligation free insurance, make sure you have peace of mind from the moment you leave the store. If anything happens to the bike in the first 10 days of ownership, know you are covered!